Covid Safe Policy
November 1st 2020
This Policy Shall be effect from 1st November 2020.
The policy is implemented to provide operational parameters that members can abide by during the COVID 19 roadmap recovery.
The policy will be reviewed monthly.
1. The following ‘in class’ mandatory safety requirements will apply:
a. A hand cleaning station where all persons entering the class area will clean their hands.
b. A ‘single user’ rule for all equipment i.e. focus pads may only be used by the one person in any class – all equipment will be appropriately cleaned after usage.
c. There will be no loaning of equipment such as gloves and insteps. Students must purchase their own and bring to class in clearly labelled bag.
d. When so permitted, by Government regulation, partner training can occur. Under the policy a training partner must remain as the same person for the duration of the class (i.e. no changing training partners).
e. Students over 12 years must wear masks on entering and leaving training area.
f. Students are required to have face masks at hand (tucked in belt) to use at anytime they are not participating in vigorous activity.
2. Spectators to the martial arts class are not permitted.
3. Where conducting back to back classes, once classes have finished there will be no entry from those attending the next class until all those from the previous class have left.
4. Instructors will have access to the following items forming part of the safety supplies: – hand sanitisers, disinfectant mops, microfibre cloths, gloves, sanitation wipes, paper towels.
5. Instructors will ensure that cleaning and sanitising will occur before and after class and where required during class – particular attention to be paid to bathrooms and entry doors.
6. Instructors will ensure training area is sufficiently marked providing required spacing as advised by DHHS.
7. Parents dropping their children to class will not be permitted to stay in class, if they need to stay, they must wait outside.
8. ‘COVID Safe Certification’ will be required for all instructors at PHMA.
9. Mask must be worn by all instructors unless they are engaged in physical participation in classes.
10. Instructors will be responsible to record each student’s attendance on entering training area.
11. Students are requested to advise PHMA of any changes to contact details i.e. mobile no. home address etc for the purpose of contact tracing.